Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Creamy, savory spinach filling and swiss stuffed in a portabella cap with a parmesan-bread crumb top. Delish! Baby 'bella caps could be used to make as an appetizer, but the medium tops provide an excellent meatless main dish.
- 4 medium portabella mushroom caps
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced
- 1⁄4 red pepper, diced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Cavenders All Purpose Greek Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tony Chachere's Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- Make sure the portabella caps are free of dirt and grit. Place upside-down on a foil-lined, greased cookie sheet.
- Place half a slice of swiss in each cap.
- In a small sauce pan, sauté the onion, red pepper, and green onion until soft. Add the minced garlic and cook for a minute more.
- Drain the spinach in a colander or dish towel, squeezing to get most of the moisture out. Add the spinach, Cavendar's, Tony's, lemon pepper, and black pepper. Stir and cook just until the spinach is hot.
- Add cream cheese and stir to combine. The hot spinach mixture should melt the cream cheese.
- Distribute the spinach mixture evenly between the 4 caps, smoothing the tops with the back of a spoon.
- Combine the parmesan, bread crumbs, and olive oil. Stir well, then sprinkle over the tops of the stuffed mushrooms.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
Excellent! I used about 3/4 of cream cheese called for and think I might use about 1/2 next time. Loved the crispy topping. Really tasty and so filling. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
I could eat the spinach mixture on its own but adding to the mushroom just put it over the top. The only change I made was that I used Provolone cheese instead of the swiss as that is a personal preference. Other than that made as directed. Just excellent and fairly easy to make. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2014
Delicious! I fixed this for Fall Pick-A-Chef 2011 because I love Portabella Mushrooms and I am sooooo glad I did. I followed the instructions completely and I definately will make these again. Perfect for a meatless meal or like us I served them with recipe#442188#442188, recipe#296189#296189, and recipe#457378#457378. This will be going into my rotation meals. Thank you for submitting.