Recipe by Chef MB
From the depths of my collection. These are also vegan, and the note on the recipe says 0 pts per serving. (I'd double check that.) But they sound tasty and light, so let us know if you try them.
- 24 large mushrooms, white
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash mushrooms and carefully remove stems. Lay out caps on nonstick jelly-roll pan and pop in oven for 5-10 minutes to dry out and cook slightly. Set caps aside.
- Chop the mushroom stems finely. Sauté shallots, garlic, and balsamic vinegar in small saucepan. When onions start to turn translucent add mushroom stems, water, and seasoning. Cook a few minutes.
- Add spinach and cook till water is almost all evaporated. Mound the spinach mixture onto the mushroom caps, pressing it into the caps.
- Lower oven heat to 300-350º and bake for 10-15 minutes until hot and mushroom caps are cooked.