Recipe by Princess Tomato
This recipe is from Yahoo! Food, and I believe it actually came from Kraft Foods before that. I have made these for parties and potlucks, and people just love them. They actually warm back up alright as leftovers, too, which is nice.
Top Review by Cilantro in Canada
I made these for lunch and my husband and I loved them. I made the mistake of washing the mushrooms under water so they were a little watery, but my mistake not the recipes. Would definitely make these again. Thanks for the recipe.
- 1 (6 ounce) package Stove Top stuffing mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 40 medium mushrooms, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well-drained
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix stuffing mix and hot water in large bowl; set aside.
- Remove stems from mushrooms; chop stems.
- Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat.
- Add chopped stems and the garlic; cook and stir until tender.
- Add to prepared stuffing along with the spinach and cheeses; mix well.
- Spoon evenly into mushroom caps.
- Place, filled-sides up, in shallow baking pan.
- Bake 20 minute or until mushrooms are tender and filling is heated through.