Recipe by DogAndCatDoc
I am posting this so I do not lose it...it looks amazing...can't wait to give it a try. This comes from the Sept/Oct 2000 Quick Cooking magazine.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 flank steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine first 8 ingredients, mix well.
- Cut steak horizontally from a long edge to within 1/2 inch of opposite edge and open like a book. Flatten to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Spread spinach mixture over steak to within 1 inch of edges.
- Roll up, jelly roll style, starting with long side, and then tie with kitchen string to secure.
- Place in a greased 13X9 baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Uncover, bake 30-45 minutes longer or until tender.
- Let stand 10-15 minutes.
- Cut into 1/2 inch slices.