Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Every year I serve this at my Christmas Gift Wrapping Party along with a fruit salad, good coffee and a plate of goodies to nibble while we wrap. I print the recipe on Christmas stationery because I know newcomers will ask for it.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed & drained
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 8 ounces refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- Spray medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Saute onion, mushrooms and garlic until onion is transparent.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in spinach, ricotta, mozzarella, sour cream, salt, cayenne and nutmeg until throughly combined.
- Seperate crescent rolls.
- Place 3 tablespoons spinach mixture on wide end of each piece of dough.
- Roll up to form crescent.
- Place on nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350.
These were quite good. If I can find a way to make them healthier, I'd totally make them again. I did try my extra filling baked in a ramekin dish - a little bit like a spinach and artichoke dip. I couldn't fit 3 Tbsp. in each by a long shot (MAYBE 2...but they were all overflowing). I used 2 packs of rolls and still had a lot of filling left over
Definately 5 stars. I ate these as dinner tonight by themselves. I had to fight the urge to add parmesan cheese to the filling and I'm glad I didn't, these are just perfect as they are. Sure to make again.
OMG!!!!!!!!!! This is absolutely fantastic!! I've prepared this, exactly as written, twice, and have made a meal out of it for my whole family. I found also, that meats can be added in, with even more wonderful results. We cooked boneless chicken, sliced thin, and wrapped it in the rolls with the rest of the ingredients......it was beyond good. This is absolutely a keeper.