The come from the cookbook "What's For Dinner?". A delicious meal that also freezes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Chicken and filling
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon, crumbled
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup grated swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
For Cheese-Tarragon Sauce
- 1To make chicken:.
- 2Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and red pepper and saute about 5 minutes.
- 3Drain spinach and squeeze dry. Finely chop and add to pan.
- 4Add salt, pepper, tarragon and nutmeg. Mix well and remove from heat.
- 5Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 6Rinse and dry chicken breast halves. Place a breast half between 2 pieces of waxed paper or saran wrap. Pound chicken breast until 1/4 inch thick. Repeat with remaining breast halves.
- 7Lay each breast half out on the cutting board. Divide spinach mixture between all 8 breasts and sprinkle with the cheese.
- 8Lift edges over the filling and secure with toothpicks.
- 9Place seam side down in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- 10Pour wine over the chicken and sprinkle with paprika.
- 11Bake for about 35 minutes or until filling is heated through and chicken is tender.
- 12To make sauce:.
- 13In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- 14Add flour, salt, pepper and tarragon and stir and cook for about 1 minute.
- 15Add broth slowly and cook until bubbly and thickened. Stir constantly. This takes about 3 minutes.
- 16Reduce heat to low and stir in wine, cheese and juices that accumulated in the baking pan when you cooked the chicken.
- 17Stir and cook until cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
- 18Remove toothpicks from chicken breast halves.
- 19Place them on a platter and top each one with about 1 Tablespoon of the cheese sauce.
- 20Pass the remaining sauce at the table.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts With Cheese-Tarragon Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.5
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 480.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 32.6 g