Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe came from Family Circle I believe. I LOVE IT!!! My husband loves spinach and I can't stand it, but we both love this recipe!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 large sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed,drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 3 lbs)
- Prepare grill.
- In medium sized skillet heat 1 tbsp oil over medium high heat.
- Add onion and red pepper; saute 5 minutes.
- Add spinach, 1 tsp rosemary, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper; cook 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; let cool slightly.
- Stir in cheese.
- For rub, in small cup, combine 1 tbsp oil, 2 tsp rosemary, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper.
- In each breast, cut a pocket horizontally through thicker side.
- Fill each with 3-4 tbsp spinach stuffing.
- With 2 toothpicks, secure pocket closed.
- With fingers, spread rub on both sides of each chicken breast.
- Grill 10-12 minutes per side or till thermometer registers 170.
This was a good recipe. It was raining outside so I just baked them in the oven for 30 minutes. I'll make this again. I would add garlic and parmasean to the spinach mix next time.
Amazing! I added 1/2 teaspoon of paprika instead of the sweet peppers. I also used red onions. After I prepared this recipe that called for six chicken breasts- I used 3 large chicken breasts and this amount of filling worked just fine. Covered these in the oven for about 20 minutes and then about 20 more minutes uncovered. Thank you for sharing. My whole family loved this!!
Good recipe! I baked the chicken in the oven because I live in an apartment complex where grills aren't allowed. Otherwise, I followed the recipe exactly, with one exception: more mozzarella, probably around 1 full cup. (I don't worry about fat grams.) It was delicious! -- Dan Robinson