1/1 Photo of Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
This recipe came from Family Circle I believe. I LOVE IT!!! My husband loves spinach and I can't stand it, but we both love this recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 large sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed,drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 3 lbs)
- 1Prepare grill.
- 2In medium sized skillet heat 1 tbsp oil over medium high heat.
- 3Add onion and red pepper; saute 5 minutes.
- 4Add spinach, 1 tsp rosemary, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper; cook 3 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat; let cool slightly.
- 6Stir in cheese.
- 7For rub, in small cup, combine 1 tbsp oil, 2 tsp rosemary, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper.
- 8In each breast, cut a pocket horizontally through thicker side.
- 9Fill each with 3-4 tbsp spinach stuffing.
- 10With 2 toothpicks, secure pocket closed.
- 11With fingers, spread rub on both sides of each chicken breast.
- 12Grill 10-12 minutes per side or till thermometer registers 170.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.4
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 82.8 mg
- Sodium 618.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 29.0 g