Recipe by piranhabriana
This recipe came from Family Circle I believe. I LOVE IT!!! My husband loves spinach and I can't stand it, but we both love this recipe!
Top Review by Krista Roes
This was a good recipe. It was raining outside so I just baked them in the oven for 30 minutes. I'll make this again. I would add garlic and parmasean to the spinach mix next time.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 large sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed,drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 3 lbs)
- Prepare grill.
- In medium sized skillet heat 1 tbsp oil over medium high heat.
- Add onion and red pepper; saute 5 minutes.
- Add spinach, 1 tsp rosemary, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper; cook 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; let cool slightly.
- Stir in cheese.
- For rub, in small cup, combine 1 tbsp oil, 2 tsp rosemary, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper.
- In each breast, cut a pocket horizontally through thicker side.
- Fill each with 3-4 tbsp spinach stuffing.
- With 2 toothpicks, secure pocket closed.
- With fingers, spread rub on both sides of each chicken breast.
- Grill 10-12 minutes per side or till thermometer registers 170.