1/2 Photos of Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts
A recipe from Coup de Pouce. It's healthy and is made on the bbq.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 284 g fresh spinach, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil at medium high heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook while stirring for 5 minutes. Add spinach, 1 teaspoon of rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and cook while stirring for 3 minutes or until spinach had softened. Remove skillet from the heat and let cool slightly. Add cheese and stir. Set aside. In a small bowl, mix remaining of oil, rosemary salt and pepper.
- 2With a sharp knife, cut each chicken breast horizontaly on the thickest side, in a way to do a pocket. Stuff each pocket of 3 to 4 tablespoons of the spinach mixture. Fix each pocket with a tooth-pick. With the fingers, brush each side of the chicken breasts with the mixture of rosemary.
- 3Set the bbq to medium high heat. Put the stuffed chicken breasts on oiled grill. Close the cover of the bbq and cook 10 to 12 minutes on each side or until chicken is not pink inside.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.6
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 82.8 mg
- Sodium 621.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 28.7 g