Prep 20 mins
Cook 32 mins
A recipe from Coup de Pouce. It's healthy and is made on the bbq.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 large red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 284 g fresh spinach, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil at medium high heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook while stirring for 5 minutes. Add spinach, 1 teaspoon of rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and cook while stirring for 3 minutes or until spinach had softened. Remove skillet from the heat and let cool slightly. Add cheese and stir. Set aside. In a small bowl, mix remaining of oil, rosemary salt and pepper.
- With a sharp knife, cut each chicken breast horizontaly on the thickest side, in a way to do a pocket. Stuff each pocket of 3 to 4 tablespoons of the spinach mixture. Fix each pocket with a tooth-pick. With the fingers, brush each side of the chicken breasts with the mixture of rosemary.
- Set the bbq to medium high heat. Put the stuffed chicken breasts on oiled grill. Close the cover of the bbq and cook 10 to 12 minutes on each side or until chicken is not pink inside.
This recipe is so easy and really good. I pounded my chicken breasts to about 1/4 inch and then rolled them around the filling because I only had 4 very small chicken breasts. I also changed the cooking technique because we have had thunderstorms today. I prepared the filling on the stove and then stuffed the chicken breasts and baked in a 400°F oven for 60 minutes. It produced a very moist chicken breast. Thank you for a easy and enjoyable meal Boomette! Made for Rookie Recipe Tag ~Spring~.
So great! Easy to put together and just cooks on the grill for cooking ease too. Love the filling, we will be having this again.