Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Healthy and tasty chicken dinner that is fairly simple to make.
Make and share this Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen spinach
- 1 (12 ounce) container light cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- salt & pepper
- parmesan cheese
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, butterflied in half
- 1⁄2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- olive oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 and lightly spray 9x13 baking dish.
- Pound out chicken breast halves to about 1/4" thick.
- Thaw and drain spinach well, in a large bowl mix first nine ingredients until blended well spread mixture onto each chicken breast and roll up like pinwheels coat each roll in the egg mixture and then bread crumbs lay in baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 30-35 min.
I'm not one who usually makes a spinach stuffed anything, but this recipe kind of intrigued me, (& I was sure my other half would really like it) so . . . Sure enough, this turned out to be A VERY TASTY CHICKEN DISH! The only change I made was to use lemon pepper instead of the usual S&P! Very nice recipe & a keeper, too! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]