Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious and elegant diabetic friendly dish. Family friendly, easy to make. Makes a nice enough presentation to serve to company.
- 0.5 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tarragon
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves (leave skin on)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon reduced fat margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine spinach, cheeses, and seasonings.
- Lift up skin of each chicken breast and divide mixture evenly among them; Be careful not to tear skins.
- Smooth skin over stuffing; tuck skin edges underneath to form a neat package.
- Brush chicken with melted margarine.
- Place in 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove skin before serving.
Alskann, This is sooooo good! I made up the mixture for the chicken but I had skinless, boneless chicken breasts so I pounded them thin (which is always a mess!) and then placed about 1/4 cup of spinach mixture in the center of the flattened chicken breast and rolled it up. Then I melted a small amount of butter and added a small amount of bread crumbs to sprinkle over the top of the chicken breasts. I baked them until the internal temp. was 165* The chicken was moist and the filling was fabulous! Thanks for a great meal idea! KCShell