Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great dish that makes it look like it was a lot of work, but really its easy. My husband even liked it. I served it with rice and a salad.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheese (any type you like)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut chicken breasts butterfly style, so that there is a bit of skin holding the cut halves together.
- Set aside in a baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, melt 1 tbsp butter.
- Saute spinach and garlic until spinach has softened.
- Remove from heat, and mix in shredded cheese.
- Stuff spinach inside the chicken, and if needed, secure with toothpicks.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top, and any spinach that wouldnt fit inside the chicken can be laid on top of the chicken breasts.
- Bake in a 400 oven for 25 minutes, or until the inside of the chicken is no longer pink.
This is a good start but cries out for a sauce. I used Parmesan for the cheese and made a creamy Parmesan sauce. I'll make it again using feta and a Greek lemon-egg sauce.