Recipe by MizzNezz
Moist and juicy, with a lucious filling! This is a very elegant dish that is also very easy!
Top Review by Paulette
This was a really easy dish to prepare and I especially liked the light taste of the spinach. I used frozen spinach though instead of fresh, since that's what I had on hand. I microwaved if for half the time required, then stirred it and squeezed out the excess water. The mushrooms were left out because those weren't on hand either. But other than that there were no other changes made in the ingredients. 25 minutes to bake the chicken was not quite enough, as the inside was still pink, so I baked it an additional 25 minutes. This left the chicken a little dry, so I think maybe 35-40 minutes total would have been enough. It was still a tasty & filling dish though. I served it with a green salad and corn-on-the cob.
- 6 ounces fresh spinach, torn
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In lg skillet, cook spinach in water until wilted, 2 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In same skillet, saute onions, mushrooms, and garlic in oil for 1 minute.
- Stir in the seasonings and spinach; set aside.
- Flatten chicken.
- Spread spinach mix down center of chicken breasts.
- Roll up tightly; secure with toothpick.
- Mix crumbs, cheese, and paprika.
- Beat egg with water.
- Dip each roll in egg, then crumbs.
- Place, seam side down, in 13x9 baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Drizzle with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350* for 25 minutes.