1/3 Photos of Spinach/Strawberry Salad
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
An absolutely delightful and tasty salad, especially when fresh baby spinach and strawberries are available. This recipe was given to me by a famous Chef in Palm Springs, CA. This is a must to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1892.72 ml fresh Baby Spinach, about 8 ounces
- 473.18 ml sliced fresh strawberries, about 8 ounces
- 1SALAD: Break off root ends and tough stems (if any) and discard.
- 2Place spinach in a large bowl, add ice and cover with water; set aside to chill.
- 3SUGARED ALMONDS: In a small saucepan, combine almonds, sugar and water.
- 4Cook over medium-low heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until sugar is almost completely melted and nuts are golden, stirring occasionally- (there will be unmelted sugar on nuts).
- 5Spread almonds on a large plate; let cool and then break into small pieces.
- 6(Make ahead, as nuts can be stored in an air-tight container for about 3 days).
- 7DRESSING: In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, honey, poppy seeds and chives.
- 8Drizzle in olive oil and whisk until blended.
- 9Now whisk in Dijon mustard until well blended.
- 10Whisk in salt and pepper to taste.
- 11Remove spinach leaves from water, pat dry on paper towelling and break into pieces.
- 12Add to a large mixing bowl.
- 13Add sliced strawberries and toss lightly to mix.
- 14Add dressing and toss gently until spinach and berries are lightly coated.
- 15Add almonds, toss lightly and serve.
- 16TIP: Packaged ready-to-use baby spinach can be found in the produce section of most supermarkets.
- 17There are 8 cups of baby spinach in (one- 6 ounce) package.
- 18NOTE: Only make enough salad that will be eaten at this one time serving. The salad will get somewhat soggy if kept for another day.
Browse Our Top Strawberry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Strawberry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach/Strawberry Salad
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.9
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 237.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 5.3 g