Recipe by Strawbelly
My best friend made this for a BBQ on Saturday and we had it twice since then, cause it is so yummy !!! It got a few 'looks' (specially from the guys) cause it didn't look like it wouldn't go together, BUT once they tried it it was GONE :) Wonderful salad for the summer, fresh and sweet.
- 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped dried onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and dry the Spinach and Strawberries.
- Cut the Strawberries into (thin) slices.
- In a small container (with lid) mix the dressing - sugar,vinegar,oil,onions and paprika -- give it a good shake.
- In a big Salad bowl mix the Spinach, Strawberry slices and Dressing.
- Top off with the Almonds, Poppy seeds and Sesame Seeds and give it another quick mix.
- ATTENTION make sure to mix dressing and salad right before eating -- otherwise the salad gets soggy if it sits too long.