Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
My best friend made this for a BBQ on Saturday and we had it twice since then, cause it is so yummy !!! It got a few 'looks' (specially from the guys) cause it didn't look like it wouldn't go together, BUT once they tried it it was GONE :) Wonderful salad for the summer, fresh and sweet.
- 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped dried onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- Wash and dry the Spinach and Strawberries.
- Cut the Strawberries into (thin) slices.
- In a small container (with lid) mix the dressing - sugar,vinegar,oil,onions and paprika -- give it a good shake.
- In a big Salad bowl mix the Spinach, Strawberry slices and Dressing.
- Top off with the Almonds, Poppy seeds and Sesame Seeds and give it another quick mix.
- ATTENTION make sure to mix dressing and salad right before eating -- otherwise the salad gets soggy if it sits too long.
We ALL loved it! Kids are 5 and 7, plus Mom and Dad
This is a wonderful salad to make during the summer. Very Yummy just make sure to not put liquid mixture onto it until your ready to eat it because the spinach will get soggy if it sits for a long time.