Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Spinach and strawberries what an odd combination for a recipe. That is what I thought before trying this the first time. Now I get many requests to bring this for dinner parties. The raspberry wine vinegar adds a marvelous taste, and compliments the first two ingredients. This salad is very eye pleasing in crystal.
- 453.59 g spinach (I pinch off the larger stems)
- 473.19 ml strawberry, sliced set a few aside (egg slicer works wonders)
- 118.29 ml pecans, toasted
- 78.07 ml roland raspberry red wine vinegar
- 118.29 ml sugar or 118.29 ml sugar substitute
- 4.92 ml dry mustard
- 177.44 ml vegetable oil
- 9.85 ml poppy seeds
- Toast pecans over low heat, set aside to cool.
- Combine dressing ingredients and shake well.
- Toss and garnish with a few sliced strawberries.
- Serve immediately.
- (Thanks to Chef #320254's review I'm updating this) If you'd like, use a high speed mini-mixer to emulsify the dressing.
- Roland, makes a Raspberry Flavored Wine Vinegar.
This is another one of those favorite recipes that was lost. Thank you so much posting. I just love the taste of the strawberries mixed with the taste of the spinach. I much prefer this recipe to those that add mandarin oranges to the spinach salad. Everyone should try this at least once.
This is wonderful!! The dressing on this salad is super good, and we loved the combination of the spinach with strawberries. This is one I will keep for sure!
WOW!! This recipe is yummy. Made it for a cookout with friends just last week and what a hit it was. Very interesting combination of flavors. Definately a keeper! Thanks for sharing.