Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a wonderful and refreshing salad that I got from Best of Bridge. I played around with it a bit and added a few other fresh fruits to it. This is yummy and great to offset a very rich main dish, such as my Death to Dieter's Lasagna.
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 946.38 ml sliced fresh strawberries, cut into thirds
- 113.39 g can mandarin orange sections, drained, reserving 2 tsp of the juice for the dressing
- 1 fresh kiwi, sliced in quarters
- 78.07 ml white sugar
- 118.29 ml light oil
- 59.14 ml white vinegar
- 29.58 ml sesame seeds
- 44.37 ml poppy seeds
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 7.39 ml minced onions
- Combine all dressing ingredients, mix well and refrigerate.
- Make well ahead to allow flavors to blend.
- Taste dressing and adjust sugar/vinegar for your sweet/tart taste preferences.
- Tear fresh spinach into bite sized pieces, wash and pat dry.
- Wash strawberries, drain, pat dry and cut in thirds.
- Shake dressing container well and toss with spinach, strawberries, kiwi and mandarin orange sections just before serving, otherwise the spinach will wilt.
- This makes a wonderfully tart, slightly sweet and very colorful salad!
This was just outstanding. My husband is on a soup/salad diet, so I am casting about for new recipes, and this is a keeper. Not only was it delicious, it was a delight to the eye as well. I left out the sesame seed and used fresh oranges because that is what we had on hand. Thank you!
This was an elegant salad, with wonderful taste & eye appeal. I added blueberries, cut the kiwi into slices & then quartered each slice, & used only 2 T poppy seeds. I served this at a bridal shower & received many compliments. This is a great recipe that I will make again.
This dressing is so good we almost always have some in the fridge to use on our tossed salads.