Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I just threw this together one day when I had an unexpected lunch guest and it was such a hit, I've been making it to rave reviews ever since. You can sub feta for the gorgonzola, but I like the gorgonzola better...it gives the salad a richer taste and is not as dry as the feta. You can also sub toasted pine nuts or candied pecans or walnuts for the walnuts if you want to kick it up a notch. The best part about this salad is there is absolutely NO COOKING required. If you happen to have a leftover cold chicken breast, slice into strips and add it for a nice protein addition. Lose the banana if you add the chicken. Really, the possibilities are endless but the must-have ingredients for the right blend of flavors are the cheese, dressing, spinach and strawberries. Enjoy!
- 6 ounces spinach, fresh, stems trimmed
- one pint strawberry, fresh, washed, tops removed, sliced in half
- one banana, sliced
- 3 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh, washed & rinsed (optional)
- 3⁄4-1 cup walnuts, fresh
- raspberry vinaigrette dressing (your favorite bottled, poppy seed works well also)
- This make two generous salads. Divide the spinach among two salad plates and top with sliced berries, banana, walnuts and crumbled cheese. Top with your favorite raspberry vinaigrette and enjoy!