Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have had Strawberry Spinach Salad on numerous occasions. I wanted to take it up a notch. I don't like salad dressings. So I don't have one for this. I a dressing recipe a friend uses for her salads.
- 5 -6 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 quart strawberry, hulled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, minced
- 3 bananas
- 2 lemons, juiced and separated
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Braggs liquid aminos
- Rinse, soak, drain and dry the spinach.
- Peel the bananas and cut them into 1/4" slices. Drizzle 1/2 a lemon's worth of lemon juice on the bananas to keep them from turning brown.
- Add the spinach, strawberries and onions to the salad bowl and mix.
- Add the bananas and walnuts. Mix again.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds and poppy seeds. Mix again and it's ready.
- If you want to make the dressing, put all of the remaining ingredients into a bowl and emulsify.
I cut this recipe in half to serve 3 of us& also used a Vadalia onion instead of a red one! And, although I wanted my salad without the dressing I did put it together for my other half & our friend! This is a very simple & refreshing salad, & I particularly enjoyed the seeds (& I was generous when adding them)! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]