Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
A combination of a few different recipes to get the mix my family likes.
- 2 cups fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped & toasted (can be candied if preferred)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice (lime juice can be substituted if preferred)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Blanch asparagus & cool.
- Toss the spinach, asparagus, onion, pecans and strawberries together in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss.
- Chill before serving.
This is such a healthy and light salad! Made as written for 2 and I did add a little extra drizzle of honey to the dressing. I also used whole pecans that I candied with a little sugar. Will definitely be making this often! Going into my Best of Cookbook! Made for Spring PAC 2013.