1/1 Photo of Spinach, Strawberry and Walnut Salad
Converting to vegan's Note:
I went to a wedding this past summer and had a delicious spinach salad. I was able to reproduce it quite well and am sharing it here. It's absolutely delicious on a hot summer day and the sugar encrusted walnuts make it extra tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Mix the water and 1 1/2 teaspoons of sugar and heat up until all the sugar is dissolved.
- 3In a bowl toss the walnuts in the sugary water.
- 4Place the walnuts on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the nuts are "dry" to the touch.
- 5Remove nuts and set aside to cool.
- 6To make the salad dressing mix the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of sugar, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, garlic, and basil in a small bowl and mix thoroughly with a fork until the salt and sugar has dissolved.
- 7In a large salad bowl add the spinach, strawberries and green onions.
- 8Add the salad dressing and toss the all the ingredients.
- 9Finally add the walnuts and toss lightly.
- 10Serve the salad with bread or as a side dish.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach, Strawberry and Walnut Salad
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.5
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 143.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 4.8 g