Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Paula Deen, Food Network. Not sure of size of can of hearts of palm
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 small red onion, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh spinach, washed and torn intp pieces
- 1 (4 ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and chopped
- 2 cups strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- For the dressing, combine the vinegar, sugar, lemon juice, and salt in a small non-reactive saucepan and heat over medium heat until the sugar dissolves, stirring frequently. Remove pan from heat and let cool to room temperature. When cooled, whisk in the oil, onion, poppy seeds, dry mustard and paprika until thoroughly combined. Set dressing aside.
- In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, hearts of palm, strawberries, and walnts. When ready to serve, add some of the dressing, and toss gently. Serve the remaining dressing alongside the salad so diners may add more, if desired.
Great Salad. Both Men and Women love this salad and request it everytime I am supposed to bring the salad.
I was going to post this today and checked first and found you had done it already. This a wonderful recipe and a family favorite !!!Pollyw