Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
An easy and different side dish for spinach lovers like me.
Top Review by JoSyrNY
Oh, these were a hit at Thanksgiving dinner! I increased everything by 1/2, and added mushrooms because I like them so much, but otherwise followed the recipe. Wonderful flavor and texture and very easy to make. I plan on making them again soon.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the spinach well by pressing between layers of paper towels.
- In a big mixing bowl, add the spinach, rice, green onions, and Swiss cheese; stir to combine and set aside.
- In another bowl, add the mushroom soup and next 5 ingredients; stir to combine.
- Add to the spinach mixture; stir to combine.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Mix together the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and melted butter.
- Sprinkle evenly over the spinach mixture.
- Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
- Serve warm.