Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed, drained and chopped
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, cubed
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- Combine eggs, milk, flour, and baking powder.
- Beat well.
- Add spinach and cheese; mix well.
- Pour melted butter into a 13 x 9" pan.
- Pour spinach mixture over butter and combine. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
Very much enjoyed. As suggested by other posters, I added some salt and pepper. I too was a bit confused whether to use b-powder or soda. in the end using the baking powder made the most logical sense. :)
I thought this was pretty bland, also kind of eggy tasting. I think maybe some swiss cheese would have been good to throw in there. Not sure, but this was missing something.
Nothing special. Kind of flavorless. I read the reviews and saw that other people also had this issue so I added some salt, pepper, garlic powder, and italian seasonings but clearly I didn't add enough. I used baking powder. I would not make again. Sorry..