Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Excellent side dish.
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter, melted
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeeze dry
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) box cornbread mix
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons seasoning salt
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl, mix well.
- Pour batter into oiled, preheated slow cooker.
- Cook, covered but with lid slightly ajar to allow excess moisture to escape, on high 1 3/4 to 2 hours or on low 3 to 4 hours or until edges are golden and knife inserted in centre of bread comes out clean.
- Serve bread spooned from slow cooker, or loosen edges and bottom with knife and invert onto plate.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
What an interesting recipe! Made this last night and it was so easy to put together. Tasted wonderful...I will make this often!
If you like spinach you will love this!!Super easy and fairly inexpensive to make!!I bet Olive Oil would like to make this one for Popeye!!I used canned spinach and it was delicious!!!Thanks for sharing!!
I had some pork chops that I wanted to cook and I thought this would go well with it. I had never made a bread in my crockpot before. This was really good. It had a nice flavor. The kids ate the plain loaf of bread we had, but oh well, more for my hubby and I! I will keep this recipe and try it with baked chicken next time! Thank you for sharing!