Recipe by L DJ
Sunday Brunch...also good for supper. Prep night before, bake next morning. I don't usually time myself while cooking just do it so "prep" times are approx.
- 6 slices bread, crust removed
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb fresh, sliced mushroom
- 1⁄2 lb fresh spinach, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced (, tops too)
- 1 jar chopped pimiento, , drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup hot milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut or tear bread into 1" pieces place half into 9" baking dish coated with nonstick coating spray.
- Cut cream cheese into small pieces, put over bread.
- In heated nonstick skillet add crumbled ground beef and sliced mushrooms,cook til beef is done and mushrooms browned, drain off fat.
- Add spinach, onions, pimento, garlic salt, and pepper cook 1 minute stirring.
- in bowl combine eggs and milk, mix well.
- Layer meat spinach mixture over bread and cheese.
- Top with remaining bread pieces.
- Pour milk/egg mixture over all.
- cover, chill over night.
- Remove from freg 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake covered at 350F degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover bake another 30 minutes til center is set.
- Prepare sauce-------------------.
- In saucepan combine butter and flour over med heat, add hot milk stirring constantly, cook until begins to bubble cook for 1 minute stirring.
- Add seasonings remove for heat.
- Cut into serving portions serve with sauce.