Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Just found this recipe at LifeScript.com (http://tinyurl.com/3jumsf) and wanted to share it here.
Make and share this Spinach Soup With Parmesan Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 7.39 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml celery, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 0.25 ml salt (or to taste)
- 0.25 ml fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 0.25 ml ground nutmeg
- 2 small russet potatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 946.0 ml low sodium chicken broth (approximate) or 946.0 ml vegetable broth (approximate)
- 1419.54 ml spinach leaves, cleaned
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 44.37 ml fat free sour cream
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over low-medium heat. Add the celery and onion, season lightly with salt, pepper and nutmeg, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Peel and slice the potatoes and add them to the pot. Add the bay leaf, parsley and broth and bring to a boil quickly over high heat.
- Lower the heat and simmer until the vegetables are completely tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the spinach and remove from heat.
- Blend the Parmesan cheese and sour cream together and set aside.
- Remove the bay leaf and puree the soup in a blender. Strain and adjust the salt and pepper.
- Serve the soup in bowls with a dollop of Parmesan cream.
Really beautiful flavour, and you can feel good eating it even though it's creamy! My 11-month-old happily ate it too.
I used frozen spinach, as the fresh stuff's hard to get here - used 500g (2 packs) but I think it would have been fine with half that amount.