1/1 Photo of Spinach Soup With Parmesan Cream
Just found this recipe at LifeScript.com (http://tinyurl.com/3jumsf) and wanted to share it here.
My Private Note
bowls o ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pinch salt (or to taste)
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 small russet potatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 quart low sodium chicken broth (approximate) or 1 quart vegetable broth (approximate)
- 6 cups spinach leaves, cleaned
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 1Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over low-medium heat. Add the celery and onion, season lightly with salt, pepper and nutmeg, and cook for 10 minutes.
- 2Peel and slice the potatoes and add them to the pot. Add the bay leaf, parsley and broth and bring to a boil quickly over high heat.
- 3Lower the heat and simmer until the vegetables are completely tender, about 15 minutes.
- 4Add the spinach and remove from heat.
- 5Blend the Parmesan cheese and sour cream together and set aside.
- 6Remove the bay leaf and puree the soup in a blender. Strain and adjust the salt and pepper.
- 7Serve the soup in bowls with a dollop of Parmesan cream.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Soup With Parmesan Cream
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.7
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 4.3 mg
- Sodium 179.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 7.5 g