Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Wegmans Menu Magazine - Winter 09-10
- 1 small white onion, 0 . 5 inch dice (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (32 ounce) carton vegetable stock
- 2 (5 ounce) packages spinach
- 1⁄2 teaspoon herb seasoning salt
- 1 egg, poached (optional)
- Add onions and oil to stockpot on medium-low. Cook, stirring, 10 min or longer, until onions are soft and translucent, but not browned.
- Add stock and spinach, season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to simmer, cook about 3 min or until spinach is wilted and tender.
- Remove pot from heat. Puree soup carefully with handheld blender until smooth. Season to taste with herb seasoning salt. Ladle into warm bowls. Top with poached egg.
No extra cargo here! Lean and mean! Used a sweet onion, otherwise, no changes. Great soup! Thanks, Stingo! Made for Veggie Recipe Swap.
A friend buried me in fresh spinach, so I decided to make it into soup. I used shallot instead of the onion but otherwise followed the instructions to the letter. Very good, light soup to eat on a warm spring day which I will make again. Thanks for posting!