- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow onions, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 3⁄4 cups peeled yukon gold potatoes, medium diced
- 3⁄4 lb spinach leaves, cleaned
- 1 1⁄2 quarts vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a soup pot, heat oil and saute onions, green onions and potatoes until onions soften. Do not brown.
- Add vegetable stock to the pot, stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, until potatoes are soft.
- Add spinach and stir until leave wilt. Remove from the heat immediately (or else you will lose the beautiful green color).
- Cool the soup, the puree in the blender, food processor, or with a hand held blender.
- Add evaporated milk and season with salt and pepper.