Prep 8 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was once again bored, at home, alone and so I made this. It's easy, flavorful, healthy and uses common ingredients - it can be a small breakfast, a side dish or (my own strange take on it) a sandwich filling. Yum !
- 1 egg
- 100 ml skim milk
- 1 tablespoon self-raising flour
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon spirulina
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 50 g frozen chopped spinach, thawed but not drained
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a souffle dish with oiled kitchen paper.
- In a bowl , whisk the egg and the milk with a fork.
- Add the salt,thyme, spirulina and paprika.
- Gradually add the flour - crush any lumps. You may need to use a mixer to get rid of them , but if there a one or two its' OK.
- Mix in spinach.
- Pour mixture into bowl.
- Sprinkle the parmesan evenly on top, and grind a bit of pepper on top of that.
- Bake for 20 minutes.