Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a terrific appetizer for a holiday party, it goes great with cocktails! I found this yummy appetizer in the Chicago Sun-Times FOOD section.
- 12 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 (12 ounce) packagesstouffer spinach souffle, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lay one sheet of filo dough on a 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan With a pastry brush, lightly coat with melted butter; repeat process with five more sheets of dough.
- In a medium bowl, combine both packages of spinach souffle and chopped water chestnuts, stirring to combine Gently spread spinach mixture evenly over prepared filo, making sure to spread spinach to edges.
- Top with one sheet of filo and lightly brush with butter; repeat process with remaining filo.
- With tip of a very sharp knife, gently score top with diagonal lines, without cutting completely through, forming 48 diamond shapes.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly; cut all the way through the scoring marks and separate into individual pieces.
- Serve warm.