Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
From a friend's dad who is a wonderful cook.
- 4 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup (can use reduced fat)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients, and place in large casserole dish that has been greased with cooking spray.
- Top with additional parmesan.
- Bake 30-45 minutes, or until bubbly.
This is awesome!My son who is not a big vegetable eater loves this. I used turkey bacon and crumbled into bits and and increased quanity to 1/2 cup, Fat Free Cream of Mushroom soup, and increased the Tabasco sauce to 1 tsp. I ran it through my recipe tracker, if your following Weight Watchers this is 10 servings for 3 points per serving. My husband said it would also be good used as a dip on crackers. Very easy to make and quick preprepation and very yummy.
As a new cook, I don't always have the ingredients I need to make something. In this case, I had no bacon so I fried up bologna. I know, haha. But actually, it was really good. The soup really takes away that "spinachy" taste and the whole dish is wonderful!
I'm not a big fan of cooked spinach but this was delicious! Other than scaling the recipe in half (feeding 2 people), I made no changes & it was ready in 30 minutes. Thanx LorenLou!