Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Looking for a new way to serve spinach? Try this recipe!
Make and share this Spinach Souffle recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs, separated
- white sauce
- 1 cup chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute onion in butter.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored.
- Stir into hot white sauce along with spinach and cheese.
- Fold in egg whites beaten until stiff, not dry, peaks are formed; turn into greased 1 1/2 qt casserole.
- Set in pan of hot water and bake about 50 minutes.
- White Sauce: Melt butter, stir in flour and heat until bubbly.
- Gradually add milk or cream, stirring constantly; cook 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Makes about 1 cup.
- Serve immediately.
I really enjoyed this with my lunch today!!! After I added the white sauce to the spinach I put some shredded cheddar on top and let it melt in.. wowzas.. it was sooo good :-) THANK YOU!!
i just made this recipe, and it was amazing. my first souffle, and it turned out perfect -- thank you! i think the serving size may be a little low; i ate half the souffle for dinner (but that was all i ate).
Is it just me, or are the instructions very confusing? A little out of order it can handle, but that and some sentences were run-on, so I didn't' really understand what I was supposed to do after certain steps. It turned out watery, but ok.