1 hr 30 mins
Mary Leverington's Note:
For those of you who love Stouffer's Spinach Souffle, try this. This recipe makes about twice the amount.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a 2-quart souffle dish and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Thaw spinach.
- 3Drain and squeeze out excess moisture.
- 4Melt butter in a medium size frying pan.
- 5Sprinkle flour on butter and blend in with a slotted spoon.
- 6Cook until it bubbles and begins to brown just a little.
- 7Remove from heat and slowly blend in the milk, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- 8Return to heat, add seasonings and cook on low for about 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- 9Beat egg yolks well with a whisk.
- 10Add about 1/4 cup of the sauce into the eggs and stir.
- 11Add another 1/4 cup and stir again.
- 12Remove pan from heat and slowly stir in the rest of the eggs.
- 13Place well-drained spinach into a blender or food processor and pour sauce over it.
- 14Blend until smooth, about 5-10 seconds.
- 15Pour into a bowl.
- 16Beat egg whites until fairly stiff, but not dry.
- 17Fold them gently into spinach mixture until all white streaks are gone.
- 18Pour into souffle dish and sprinkle cheese on top.
- 19Bake 45 minutes to one hour until set.
- 20(Souffle is done when puffy and nicely browned. It will be somewhat soft on the inside.) Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Souffle
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.9
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 286.0 mg
- Sodium 897.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 15.0 g