Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Not a souffle in the truest sense of the word, but I don't quibble over semantics. This is an easy side dish. From Gooseberry Patch Country Quick and Easy.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) carton cottage cheese
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (or Swiss cheese)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the spinach and flour.
- Add in the eggs, salt, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, and butter.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Bake, covered, in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
Mine came out more like a crust-less quiche than a souffle, but very tasty! Easy to make, and will definitely make again... maybe with some bacon?
I've been looking for new ways to cook spinach and this one went over very well. The only think I did differently was cook it in a 2qt casserole dish and it came out great.