Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Hope you will enjoy this salad as much as I do.
- 4 slices bacon, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 cups lightly packed bite-size spinach leaves
- 1 cup sliced mushroom
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 lb cooked peeled and deveined med shrimp
- Cook bacon in 10" skillet over med-high heat until crisp.
- Stir in vinegar, sugar and mustard; continue stirring til sugar is dissolved.
- Toss spinach, mushrooms, cheese and shrimp in large bowl.
- Drizzle hot bacon dressing over spinach mixture.
- Toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
Loved this salad! I've made other similar spinach salads but this was by far the best. Colour contrasts make a great presentation too. I used baby spinach (more $ but better texture than mature) and cremini mushrooms. I did add another tbsp. sugar because we like our dressings somewhat on the sweet side, but that is just a personal preference Served it with a penne/asparagus/roasted red and yellow peppers/garlic dish. Guests declared it 'gooood!' Thanks!
Delicious! We sauteed some garlic and threw the mushrooms in it briefly to warm them up. Will definitely make again! Next time I may add some fruit like mango. Thank you!
Absolutely delicious! I wasn't sure about the bacon-grease based dressing, but wow...it was amazing. I served this salad with a 6 oz salmon fillet baked with butter and lemon. I will definitely be doing this again!