Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is a wonderful use of fruit, veggies, and seafood. My family loves it. If you buy already cook shrimp, this becomes a no-cook meal.
- 3⁄4 lb peeled cooked shrimp, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves (about 6 ounces)
- 1 cup cantaloupe, cubes (cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine shrimp, spinach and cantaloupe in large salad bowl.
- Combine orange juice, shallot, oil, vinegar, sugar, poppy seeds, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes, if desired, in small bowl. Stir well. Pour over salad just before serving. Toss gently, but thoroughly.