Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Spinach Scrambler Pizza recipe was featured on the local news from a restaurant in the Green Bay area. It is a fabulous pizza. Lots of different flavors. I do not usually make my own pesto, but if you use one from here for it, let me know.
- 1 large pita bread
- 14.79 ml butter, melted
- 1.23 ml fresh garlic, minced
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml roasted red pepper, diced
- 473.18 ml fresh spinach
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 56.69 g cream cheese, softened
- 14.79 ml pesto sauce
- 118.29 ml fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, shredded
- 14.79 ml pine nuts
- Melt butter together with garlic and pepper. Brush on pita and lightly grill or broil for a few minutes until a little crisp. Spread cooled pita with cream cheese and then pesto. Set aside.
- In a skillet, sauté oil with spinach and red pepper until spinach is just wilted. Add bacon and eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Lightly cook eggs. Don't over cook. Leave a little soft and runny.
- Spoon egg mixture on top of pita. Top with fresh mozzarella cheese. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 5-10 minutes until eggs are set.
- Before serving, top with parmesan and pinenuts.
I agree 5+ stars. Absolutely delicious. I made this for my DD and her DH before they left today. They were so excited to get to try this. Ooos and Awes at the table was all I heard. I would not change a thing about this recipe. The flavors blended so well together. I did leave off the pine nuts just for personal preference. Just loved it. Thanks Jess.
5+ Stars! Delicious! I made this for breakfast this morning, and it was fabulous. I only had a regular size pita, so I halved all the ingredients. This was very rich tasting! Made this for Newest Zaar Tag...thanks for posting this delicious recipe.