Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A healthy take on scrambled eggs. Add Tony's salt free cajun seasoning or top with salsa to wake up your tastebuds.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Crack open eggs into small bowl, discarding 2 of the 4 yolks.
- Add milk, salt, and pepper. Whisk together.
- Spray small amount of canola oil into a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add egg mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes until bottom of egg mixture is cooked. With a heat-resistant spatula, lift egg mixture from the bottom and begin to scramble as eggs continue to cook.
- Add spinach and cheese to egg mixture, cooking an additional 2-3 minutes until cheese melts and spinach wilts.
Made as written only next time I think I will add a little onion sauteed up (I love onions). I did used some fresh spinach and enjoyed the egg white with the egg yolk combo. Oh I did used some feta cheese to top the scramble. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
Very nice version I used to eat just the egg whites with spinach. I did use regular sharp cheddar. Thanks Made for PAC Fall 09.
This was really great. I had some beautiful fresh spinach that I wanted to use before it went bad. I wasn't sure how good the eggs would taste with only using 2 out of the 4 yolks, but they were very creamy and I certainly could not tell that the extra 2 egg yolks were missing.