1/1 Photo of Spinach Sauteed With Raisins and Pine Nuts
Another variation on the spinach/raisin/pine nut theme. This comes from the Williams-Sonoma website. I have never actually made it with raisins or pine nuts - I usually use slivered almonds and currants and it turns out great. Perfect accompaniment to just about anything!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the raisins in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand for about 10 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- 2If desired, toast pine nuts or almonds in a pan over medium heat, being careful not to burn them. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- 3In a large saute pan, warm olive oil over medium heat and saute onion until golden, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute one minute more.
- 4Add spinach and cook 1-2 minutes until bright green and wilted. Stir in raisins and nuts and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Sauteed With Raisins and Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.1
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 181.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 8.3 g