Recipe by riffraff
This quick-cooking vegetable accompaniment is best with tender, young spinach. Recipe from Fine Cooking
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, gently crushed and peeled
- 10 -12 ounces spinach, thick stems trimmed, leaves washed and dried well
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, halved
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, melt the butter with the garlic until the butter is golden brown and smells nutty; make sure the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Raise the heat to high and add the spinach, in batches if need be, flipping and stirring, until just barely wilted, about 1 minute Take the pan off the heat; remove the garlic.
- Season the spinach with salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon.
- Toss and serve immediately.