Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This quick-cooking vegetable accompaniment is best with tender, young spinach. Recipe from Fine Cooking
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, gently crushed and peeled
- 10 -12 ounces spinach, thick stems trimmed, leaves washed and dried well
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, halved
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, melt the butter with the garlic until the butter is golden brown and smells nutty; make sure the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Raise the heat to high and add the spinach, in batches if need be, flipping and stirring, until just barely wilted, about 1 minute Take the pan off the heat; remove the garlic.
- Season the spinach with salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon.
- Toss and serve immediately.
This was great, the only change I made was to use 2 teaspoons of butter instead of 2 tablespoons and it seemed plenty buttery enough for us! Thanks!
Simple and delicious! My daughter loves spinach and this is so quick and easy. I do add a little garlic powder to it just to enhance the flavor a bit more.
Had this for dinner tonight. It was awesome. My son who doesn't eat much spinach any more asked for 2nds.