Recipe by HokiesMom
Posted for ZWT7 - I have not had the time to try this recipe but the ingredients listed definitely seem to be something I'd love and sounds so very easy to make. Great economical dish full of flavor.
Top Review by teresas
Can't go wrong with spinach, garlic and red peppers...this was so easy...I did cut it way back...and was sorry because I forgot how spinach shrinks...anyway this is delicious! Thanks for posting it ...:)
- 1 lb spinach
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 teaspoons olive oil, extra virgin
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Check the spinach leaves and discard any leaves with blemishes. Cut large leaves into strips. Rinse the spinach and set aside.
- Over high heat, set a 6 quart sauce pot with 4 quarts of water. When water begins to boil, place the spinach in it, add a teaspoon of salt and blanch for 2 to 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon place the spinach in a colander and set aside.
- Combine the olive oil and the garlic in a 10 inch skillet and place over a medium heat. When the garlic turns golden in color, remove skillet from the heat.
- Combine the spinach with the garlic then place skillet back over medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until tender. Taste for salt, add crushed red pepper and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges if desired.