Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made this because I had a bag of spinach & a red pepper that wouldn't last much longer in the fridge, and I had been trying to think of a way to use the preserved lemons I had made.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced (more or less to taste)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 preserved lemon, cut in half to make 2 quarters, rinsed &, diced
- 1 (1 lb) bag baby spinach leaves
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, add garlic, red pepper and lemon.
- Cook until garlic is golden, and pepper and lemon is softened.
- Add spinach and cook until limp.
One of the best spinach recipes I've ever tried. The preserved lemon adds soooo much wonder flavor to this recipe. Thanks so much for the post.
Just lovely. So simple to make and the results were great. I have a ton of preserved lemons to use up, so this recipe helped. Tiny changes I made: I added chile flakes and only used a bit of oil spray. Otherwise I kept to the recipe. Thanks for posting, I'd make it again.
This was delicious.I added a de-seeded and finely chopped red chilli and also didn't let the garlic brown (thought it might be bitter)but added just before I added the spinach. It's now my favourite vegie dish, quick, easy and very tasty