Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
Adapted from Quick & Easy Vietnamese, by Nancie McDermott, it's super fast and flavorful!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped garlic
- 8 -10 cups fresh spinach leaves (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or more, if you love pepper like I do)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Combine oil and garlic in a large, heavy skillet or wok and cook over medium-high heat until the garlic sizzles and releases its aroma.
- Add the spinach and cook for 1 minute; gently turn to expose all the leaves to the heat.
- Add the fish sauce, pepper, and water, tossing well, then cook (turning often) until the spinach is wilted and tender (1-2 minutes).
- Transfer to a deep platter, sauce and all, and serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
Excellent, Quick and unique! Even DH that does not eat much spinach Liked it!
What a great dish to have with our salmon. We loved the flavors, so simple yet so delicious!
This was really, really good. The fish sauce adds a great flavor to the spinach. So easy and so quick.