Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick and easy. Freezes well.
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 8 red potatoes, quartered and thinly siced
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 -3 cups fresh spinach
- Brown the sausage in a skillet, over medium heat; drain well.
- In a large soup pot, add the broth, potatoes, and salad dressing mix; stir well.
- Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add in the sausage and spinach.
- Cook until well heated.
Followed the recipe precisely other than halving it. It was awesome! Hearty and tasty and spicy! Great fall dish.
This was just delicious. And it couldn't be easier and quicker to make. I braised hot Italian chicken sausage in a skillet and let the liquid cook away, deglazed the pan and added it to the soup. Seemed a shame to waste all that wonderful flavor and there was no fat in the pan to speak of. Can't wait for the leftovers at lunch. Thanks for a great addition to my soup recipe collection, Sunflower.