Recipe by cookCol
I found this recipe in the 2005 Quick Cooking Annual Recipes.The textures in this soup work so well together. I couldn't find bulk Italian sausage so I bought a pkg of Italian sausage patties and broke them up before browning...worked just as well.
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 8 red potatoes, quartered, thinly sliced
- 1 (2/3 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach or 2 cups frozen spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet brown sausage over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven combine the broth, potatoes and salad dressing mix. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain sausage.
- Add sausage and spinach to broth mixture.
- Cook until heated through.