Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was given to me by a friend at work. I haven't tried it yet and it sounds sooooo good for a cold weather meal. Can't wait to cook up this dish.
- 2 packages frozen chopped spinach
- 2⁄3 lb favorite Italian sausage
- 5 eggs, for filling
- 1 pint ricotta cheese
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 pie crusts
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg yolk, as wash for the crust (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F Thaw spinach and drain well.
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl.
- Brown and cool sausage Crumble sausage into small pieces Mix all ingredients together in lg bowl Place one crust into 9 inch pan Add filling Cover with second crust and crimp edges.
- Cut slits/vents in crust Brush crust with egg yolk.
- Bake for one hour.
- Let set for a few minutes before serving.