Recipe by Ambervim
I modified this from a Pillsbury site. Play with the type of sausage and cheeses. Food.com had trouble reading 1 8 oz can Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 8 oz can Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet so I just put in dough.
- 1⁄2 lb sausage (Italian, spicy or other sausage bulk or out of skin)
- 9 ounces spinach, chopped and thawed then squeezed to drain (fresh would be nice)
- 1 cup cottage cheese, drained if moist
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- bread dough (try Buttery Soft Crescent Rolls or Crescent Roll Dough (Bread Machine))
- provolone cheese
- mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Cook sausage in a skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently. Then drain.
- In large bowl, mix spinach, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic and cooked sausage.
- Press dough into 13x8-inch rectangle, seal seams, if any. I like to do this on top of silpat so it is easy to put on the baking pan.
- Spoon sausage mixture in 4-inch-wide strip lengthwise down center of rectangle.
- Top with slices of both cheeses.
- With scissors or sharp knife, make cuts 1 inch apart on long sides of dough rectangle to within 1/2 inch of sausage mixture. Fold strips of dough up over sausage mixture to meet in center; pinch to seal.
- Bake 18 to 24 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet; cut into crosswise slices.
- Serve warm.