Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great savory appetizer that's a little different. My sister, Marilyn Milam of Kennett, MO gave me this recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (16 ounce) package spicy bulk sausage, cooked & drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups pepperidge farm seasoned stuffing mix
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cook and drain chopped spinach. Squeeze spinach until dry with paper towel.
- Combine other ingredients and mix well.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake in 325 degree oven for 15 minutes.
These were SOOO GOOD. I made them for my sons 23rd "birhday party" and they were gone in no time (I think I ate the most!)A nice change to regular spinach balls. Did have to add an extra egg. Next time I will use crushed stuffing mix.